Saturday, November 01, 2008

Peanuts

I had two students tell me they were peanuts on the same day! They were in different classes, in different grades....totally separate. both peanuts. Kids crack me up.

The first one I was working with on his own. He asked me a question and when I answered him, I called him pumpkin. He says, "I'm not a pumpkin!" So I told him that it was a nice thing to say, like calling someone sweetheart. That made him smile, and then he brightens up and says, "I'm not a pumpkin.....I'm a peanut!" and then starts laughing hysterically. I have to admit that at this point I was giggling too.

The next one came at the end of the day. We were in a group talking about our Halloween costumes, and one of the boys says he's not sure what he's going to be for Halloween, so I told him to make something up. What would he like to be for Halloween? He gets this lop-sided grin on his face and says, "A peanut?" and the rest of the kids fall over laughing. After the first peanut comment, I was also laughing but more at the coincidence.

So at some point in Daegu, peanut obviously became an elementary school punchline. I love kids. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home