Sunday, September 03, 2006

Just "Friggs"n great.
















I knew I was in trouble moving to a place where the language frowns on l's and r's with a name like Claire, but I never dreamed they'd just rename me for their convenience. :)

Last week I managed to tie up all my loose paperwork ends. I've researched my health care options, gotten my ID and ration cards, signed my lease and opened my bank account! I should now sort of function here. Except I can't use my ATM card. After waiting for over a week, my card arrived, and Griggs style, I am the now proud owner of a debit card for some one named "Chaire" I guess it was just asking too much for them to give me both the r and the l. Oh well. A quick trip to the bank and a few apologies later I have restored my identity, but I still have to wait another week or so to actually be able to access my account. ha. Don't worry. I kept Chaire for the laugh factor. It's pretty great.

I had a chance at the apartment inspection to take some pictures of my new digs, but I still won't be able to move in for a couple weeks. It'll look even better with my stuff in it...when it gets here. :) And speaking of apartment, I have an address now, and I have a Nashville phone number that rings right here in Korea! I'm just a local phone call away!

It hasn't been all business here though. Last night the teachers hit the downtown. We shook our groove things for a good four hours, and the girls I went with were totally fun. We aren't as cool as the locals though. They apparently stay out till daylight, but we only made it till 3 before we had to stumble home exhausted to bed. The nightclubs we found played predominately american music, and had a pretty great mix of Koreans and foreigners. Apparently the mix isn't always quite so good, but we lucked out. It just so happens that the flag football world championships were here this weekend, and the ballers were out in force. Italy and France were our favorites. Wahoo!!! Too bad the camera didn't fit in the tiny going out purse, or I'd post some pics of them too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...Chaire..I mean CLAire...3am is still pretty late! Whew! Sounds like you are having a great time!! The pics look really good! Miss you lots. Talk to you soon. Love you! -Ange

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sweetie,

Sounds like you are in another world. Well, you ARE in another world.

Do it all while you're still young and able. I used to burn the old candle front and back, too, but times have changed for me. I now like nothing better than a good book and to be left alone for a few hours.

Sorry for this dumb message; I just wanted you to know we are thinking aboout you.

More later,

Love. George

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home