Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Weekender










This weekend was one of the most fun and most grueling I've had since I've been here in Korea. I went to DC for Lauren's wedding. I'm not sure I should have figured this out, but I spent 53 hours travelling and a spectacular 37 hours actually in DC. And it was so worth it. Mom and dad came up so I was able to spend some time with them, and a ton of our friends from college were there. I finally had the opportunity to meet Naomi's new husband, and best and brightest of all, I got to stand next to Lauren as she joined her life with Matt's.

The timing could not have been better. I ran into the rehearsal a mere 15 minutes late, and I changed in the bathroom into my outfit for the rehearsal dinner. I smelled like a dead animal after being on the plane for so long, but I looked sort of presentable.

The wedding was in a chapel next to Arlington Nat'l Cemetery. The leaves were just past their peak for fall colors, and the chapel itself was pretty cute. Lauren of course was gorgeous, and the rest of the wedding party weren't slouches either. The priest was hilarious. He was so laid back at the rehearsal that he actually asked what time the wedding was! And the ceremony was short and sweet.

At the reception, I got to meet the new spouses and even some of the children of my college friends. That definitely made me feel old....but not as old as I felt when the 19yr old next to me on the plane tried to pick me up. ha! I also met a four star general and a couple that lives here in Seoul!! I am quite proud that I made it through my toast this time without crying. It might have helped that the best man actually challenged me on the mike before I started. men.

I've included a couple pics, and don't worry; I wasn't a ham for all of them. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo's dude. Thanks for the stories. Just wanted to send my love. FRIEND'D!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home