Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Monsoon!

The "Korean Claire" action figure currently comes equipped with water bottle, umbrella, and zero-gravity hair extensions! Why this upgrade in accessories you ask? One word: Monsoon.

Monsoon season will thankfully be over at the end of September, and frankly I should just be pleased that I missed most of it. During Monsoon it rains a little everyday, sometimes a lot, and sometimes all day. This means that no matter how sunny the sky appears, you must always have an umbrella because if you go outside, it will rain on you eventually.

It is also way hot. Looking at the weather, I thought I was glad to be coming back to Korea. It was a full 15 degrees cooler here than in Alabama when I left. What the degrees do not factor in, is humidity. We have had days over 70% humidity! What?! Yes. 70%. At that point it might as well be raining because the air is so soggy. And with the humidity that high, it feels about eight million degrees hotter than the sun. At least the rain pulls the humidity out of the air though right? Only in science class folks. I guess that's why it keeps raining...because the humidity stays high. mmm. A nice wet heat.

The beauty is that even though you are sweating like a pig, the air is so wet that you can't tell the difference on your skin. Hence the water bottle. I get dizzy just thinking about venturing outside without a water bottle. Dehydration seems silly with so much water around. The sweat is a nice accessory though...it doesn't cool me down at all, since nothing ever dries here, but it goes well with my hair. My curly head has always been covered with what people who love me call fuzzies... and honest folks call frizzies, but I think you'd have to call them something else now. The humidity has so increased the gravity defying powers of my hair that it is now standing up in full locks. I appear to have some strange bouffant hairstyle that has taken over, and I can't defeat it. My best weapon is a hat, but those aren't exactly in my dress code for work. Sigh. At least I get a good giggle every time I pass a mirror. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home