Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer travel extravaganza part 1

In an effort to see as many people as possible and spend good quality time with Dan, I have created the summer travel itinerary of death. And, if it doesn't kill me, I'll have a really great time. :)

After returning from Hawaii, I spent ten days with my family in Huntsville. The nieces are now 6 and 8 so we spend huge quantities of time at the pool and creating things out of playdough, bits of nature, and building toys. I also got my butt handed to me by the older one on Wii boxing. :) We also celebrated my birthday several times in true family fashion. Katie, mom, and I even went to the Melting Pot for a girly dinner!

I spent enough time with the family to feel well fed, rested, and ready to go again, so July 1st I flew out to Kansas to see Dan for his birthday. We went to a Royals game, saw some fireworks, and even went for a round of putt-putt. It's hilarious that we've been dating for over a year now, and just last week we watched our first movie together on the couch! It was so much fun to just hang out. I got Dan some nice kitchen knives for his birthday, so we made some sushi that tasted much better than it looked and completely wrecked the kitchen. :)

Dan's Bday


Leaving Dan in Kansas was sad, but my next stop was Nashville to spend some time with my friends, so I had much to look forward to. I spent my first evening with the girls' night girls of old. It's fun to hear about everyone's new homes and babies and boyfriends. The next morning I had my neurology appointment with my always interesting Dr. Sriram. I have such great doctors in Nashville that I plan my summer travel so I can keep them. My health is great, and we have managed to keep the MS at bay for another year. I also have an incredible hairstylist that I can't seem to give up, so I visited him in the afternoon for a new do, and I now have totally cute short red hair. :) I capped the day off with a visit to my friend Erik to see his new baby and reno'd house. My last day I finished the round of doctor visits, and had lunch with my friend John before turning in the rental car and hopping on the Greyhound.

Yes, I took the Greyhound bus from Nashville back home to Huntsville, and it was fine! Huntsville was the first stop, so it took just as long as if I had driven myself, and the tickets are only $18....I think gas would cost me that much! The bus was quiet, I had two seats to myself, and it only smelled a little funny. I was slightly worried I'd be riding with scary passengers, but my bus was filled with mostly cute old women. :) The best part was that I saved over $300 in rental car fees by taking the bus rather than driving a car down here. Not bad eh?

This weekend I leave for the second half of my travel insanity which starts in Florida and literally circles the nation before bringing me back here. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ji Connor said...

Wow! You really had a great time in Howaii and Nashville. Why didn't you post a picture of you with new cute red hair? I want see your new look. By the way my family and I left Korea on July 11 and stopped by Seattle for two days visiting my friends. We flu to Kansas City on July 13 and stayed at my sister in law's for three days. We came to Sedalia MO last Thursday and we'll fly to Atlanta on 2 of August. We'll get a rental car from airport and drive to Huntsville as soon as we get there. I'll call you when we get to Huntsville even though I'm not sure that you'll be there or not. Hopefully we can get together. Have a wonderful rest of summer and please say hello to yuor mom, sister and Dan for me.
Bless you! your Korean gringa Ji

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home