Friday, October 12, 2007

Busted

Man, I thought I'd come to terms with my room, and then they installed a ramp to make my room handicap accessible. Unfortunately, its design trips up my able kids as well as the disabled ones. They also installed a new doorknob which is self-locking. Between the locks and the ramp, the room is now equally inaccessible to all. I guess that's one way to look at equal opportunity.
It's probably best that my room is inaccessible though. Have I mentioned my floor and my fears of falling through it? Well, I'm safe now. My friend Mike came out to visit me, tripped on the hills in the floor, caught himself in one of the low spots, and presto! Busted. I now have wood poking up through my carpet. I of course went running for the main building, grinning ear to ear and doing the "I get a new floor" dance. I was also singing this while I danced through the halls, possibly to the mild chagrine of my administration. Most people would not be pleased that their office floor is in splinters, but I am so relieved that it finally broke without me or my students going through it! I've actually had nightmares about this. Don't worry, Mike didn't go through either. He was totally unharmed...just slightly bug-eyed.
And when the nice guys that fix stuff came out to assess the damage, they also agreed to make the ramp less deadly! How cool is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home